Thursday, 23 August 2012

Review: C+M Green Tea Whitening & Firming Eye Cream

So this was an item I bought off Sasa which I had mentioned in my previous post just underneath this one! I thought being the ripe age of 20 it was time to get an eye cream (I really should have started a little earlier).

The eye cream I got was the C+M Green Tea Whitening & Firming Eye Cream 25mL for US$4.20 (apparently it is normally US$16.30) which turned ended out to be about AU$4- really cheap! I'm always wary of really cheap products, wondering if their quality is sub-standard, but after reading a few reviews on the Sasa page, it seemed to have quite a lot of reviews! So, why not?


Nice light green colour, very subtle scent
Here is a description of the eye cream according to Sasa:
C+M Green Tea Whitening & Firming Eye Cream is an exclusive non-greasy and soft touch watery formula. Enriched with natural green tea extract as anti-oxidant and moisturizing active. Arbutin are proved to be effective for anti-spot. Whitening essentials and eyeliss helps tightens eye bags and lighten dark circles. Your skin will stay firm and maintain hydro balance for suppleness and softness.
Apply daily in the morning and night by lightly tapping around on cleansed eyes contour area from the inside towards the outside.
Suitable for all skin types
 C+M Green Tea Whitening & Firming Eye Cream: The back of the box
 Lately I've been having bags under my eyes (damn you uni!) so I've been hoping that this eye cream would help, but I didn't really expect it to do anything. However after using it for a couple of weeks now, I think it actually does help lighten dark circles. The cream feels so refreshing and there is no obvious scent- but if you smell it directly, it has a very fresh, subtle scent of green tea. I'm not too sure if it has "tightened" my eye bags, but they have been looking much improved lately- and it definitely has relieved dryness. I was very surprised with this eye cream, its texture is lovely, easy to apply and just so refreshing! At this price I would definitely repurchase (if I don't find another new eye cream/gel to try). This 25mL jar may seem like a small amount, but such a little amount is needed to apply it and it will last!

Verdict? Wow. Surprising results, especially since I didn't expect much. I've been meaning to try the Burt's Bee Radiance Eye Cream, but I think I'll use this up before I try anything else (I'm one of those people who keep buying new products before the old ones are used up :P )

Have you ever bought something with low expectations for it but was pleasantly surprised?

8 comments :

  1. great review! the eye cream seems like it's doing its job pretty well, i might need to get one of these too for uni :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks! it was so cheap too, i couldn't resist!

      Delete
  2. I always need help in the dark eye area since my day job requires me to be on the computer >< glad to hear this product helps! ^_^

    Joyce @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce thanks for the comment! yes it has been helpful :)

      Delete
  3. Uh okay I am officially sold LOL gonna grab this at the next free shipping promotion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL they always have free shipping promotions too :D

      Delete
  4. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, do you still have the box, I'm looking for the liste of ingredients for an eternity T___T !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments, I check out everyone';s blog! :)