Friday, 7 September 2012

Review: C+M 24h Super Hydrating UV Brightening Gel Cream

Just a quick review on this gel cream moisturiser I got from my Sasa haul a few weeks ago. I decided to get this product as I wanted to try out a new moisturiser and find something that will be hydrating enough for my poor dry skin. I had a look around on Sasa and found something that was affordable and had many good reviews. So here is the  C+M 24h Super Hydrating UV Brightening Gel Cream, purchased for US$6.80 (full price US$19.10) for 45mL, a product made in Korea. 


A description from the Sasa website (have a click to look at other reviews too):
This new light and non-oily 24hr. gel cream is specially formulated to suit all skin type, especially those tend to dehydrated, dull and tired stressed skin, for soothing, moisturizing and brightening to regain brilliant, healthy and young skin. Special formulated Moisturing & Brilliant Complex (OBC) of herbal extracts and Plants Placenta with its biotechnological actives to provide skin cells oxygen form respiration which stimulates skin vitality, regenerate ATP and activate bio-energetic metabolism of skin for brightening and whitening. Rich in SOD and minerals, its strong anti-oxidant property protects skin from external aggression and pre-mature aging. With exclusive Hydrating Complex, it restores hydro balance of skin and at the same time forms a shield to prevent loss of moisture. With natural essential oil extract, a soothing agent to soften skin for suppleness whilst UV filters provide normal sun protection.
Apply daily in the morning and night on a cleansed face, with light upward and outward circular movements until complete absorption.
Definitely something I need! A gel cream for dehydrated skin, perfect. When I opened up the jar, the first thing I noticed was that it had a gel consistency, nothing like cream- as well as the beads. Why are there beads? Do they moisturise too? Are they there for exfoliation? I was quite excited to try it out as it was unique.

Gel consistency with green beads
When I first applied the gel to my face, it was so soothing and cooling on my skin. Only a small amount is needed- a little bit goes a long way which is great! So what did I think of it in terms of hydration? It was okay, it did hydrate my skin to an extent although my persistent dry skin was obvious just after a couple of hours after application. This isn't to say the product isn't good- I think it is just my skin that is the problem (even the Avene Cicalfate Restorative cream which I reviewed earlier on didn't maintain my skin's moisture levels). The consistency was wonderful and I didn't have a problem with the strange green beads in it (I still don't know why they are there for!) In terms of brightening, it may have had a small affect, although I haven't really been looking out for its brightening effects. The gel is definitely non-greasy, and I can confidently say it would be great for those with normal, combination, oily and dry skin types. For me, it was not "super" hydrating but still a wonderful and enjoyable to use product.

Does this product intrigue you? What do you think the green beads were doing in there, in a gel cream?

7 comments :

  1. Haha that's so odd with the beads! Now I'm annoyed because I want to know what they do!
    Glad the product works even if it's temporary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i first looked at the photos i thought it was an exfoliator coz of the beads lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have super oily skin, blackheads,white heads and huge pores ,it's really disappointing doing research online finding the right facial treatment for my skin ,cuz i know no matter how high the products were rated,it could still not work for me.i found so many hydrating face gel from different brands on sasa.com,after hours of comparing ,i landed on c+m ,olay ,neutrogena simply due to their refreshing appearances and low price.So now i do the part of waiting ,for i can happily thank them for saving my face,or heart broken ,smash the bottles on the ground cuz they ain't doing nothing as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! This product will definitely be great for those with oily or combination skin :)

      Delete
  4. PLEASE CHECK OUT MY BLOG

    http://epicbeautyy.blogspot.com/


    IM A COSMETOLOGIST & IM LOOKING FORWARD TO SHARING WHAT I KNOW. IM GOING TO POST VIDEOS SOON HERE & YOUTUBE ON MAKEUP TUTORIALS HAIR TUTORIALS DIY ECT .! MY BLOG IS NEW AND I'D LOVE THE SUPPORT THANKS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are the ingredients in this? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn I'm not sure! I didn't keep the box and how silly it was of me not to take a picture of the ingredients list :(

      Delete

Thanks for your lovely comments, I check out everyone';s blog! :)