Sunday 29 September 2013

Review: Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lift and Firm Concealer


I don't usually use concealer much at all, but for the rare occasions that I do, I never have much luck at all. It is so frustrating as they would either turn out to be the wrong shade, look cakey, or have dismal coverage. After a long time of trying many different concealers, I think I might have found one that I like- hello Elizabeth Arden Skin Ceramide Ultra Lift and Firm Concealer (what a mouthful!). 

Top: Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lift and Firm Concealer in 1 Ivory
Bottom: Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Skin Smoothing Concealer in 2 Fair

I picked these two up from My Chemist for a mere $10 each which is a huge bargain- I believe these retail for $50 at Elizabeth Arden counters in Australia! I must say I was very happy with the purchase. One thing I just noticed is that these concealers have two different names- I'd assume that the Ceramide Skin Smoothing Concealer is the old name for the new Ceramide Ultra Lift and Firm Concealer. Doesn't really matter though, as their formulas appear to be the same with the exact same consistency and texture.

What I love about the Ceramide Ultra Lift and Firm Concealer is that it really lives up to its claims, it is ultra creamy, crease-proof, provides full coverage and smoothes fine lines. I found that it didn't stick to any dry patches of skin, which I find that a lot of other concealers do- not a great look to be sporting around. What I absolutely loved was the creaminess of the concealer, and it is probably how I envisage NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer to be (I'm not willing to fork out $35 for a concealer yet...).


Shades L-R: Ivory, Fair
Nothing really new or exciting about the packaging of the concealer- it is just your typical concealer tube with an applicator. I like applying the Ceramide Ultra Lift and Firm Concealer by using the applicator to dab a little product on the area I want to conceal, and then blending it into my skin with a finger which works a charm. Note at the colour difference between the two shades Ivory and Fair- Fair doesn't look fair at all! These shades both fulfil my needs for a brightening concealer (especially for under the eyes), and a concealer to cover blemishes. 

I don't use concealer very often at all, so I have a feeling these two tubes of Ceramide Ultra Lift and Firm Concealer will last me a while and I won't have to hunt for the perfect concealer any time in the near future!  


What concealer do you use? Do you have concealers in different shades for different needs?


25 comments :

  1. What a bargain, and it sounds like a great concealer! At the moment I'm loving the Benefit Fake up concealer for something more natural, and the MAC pro longwear concealer for more coverage. I actually bought it at the same time as I bought MAC Face & body which she matched too dark, and the concealer was meant to be lighter for highlighting, but when I swapped the foundation it turned out to match my skin which was a bit annoying, but oh well! I ended up buying the Revlon Colourstay concealer in a lighter shade so that works for me. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Benefit or MAC concealers before, but heard a lot about them! Aww that does sound annoying, oh well indeed :P I've tried the Revlon ColourStay concealer too and I quite like it too, but I don't find it any different to Maybelline's Fit concealer and Rimmel's Wake Me Up concealer :)

      Delete
  2. completely irrelevant to the product, but I have such a hard time believing that these photos are taken with an iPhone 4s! They look so clear and perfect!! teach me how......

    biffsquiggled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you :P Lighting is probably the most crucial factor in taking photos- only in good natural lighting will photos turn out nice :) A little bit of photoshop to balance the brightness, exposure and contrast of the photos helps too ;)

      Delete
  3. I love concealer that comes in a tube with doe foot applicator since it is easier to apply :-D
    My fave concealer atm is Bourjois healthy mix concealer.. it is very good for drugstore price :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've tried the Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer but I didn't find that it gave much coverage! Maybe I should give it another go :) Unfortunately Bourjois here in Australia isn't too cheap ($24 for the concealer!) unless there is a 20% off sale on :P

      Delete
  4. Omg this seems amazing! I'd love to try a concealer like this but I may end up using it all over my face instead of foundation and use up everything too fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I get this problem when I decide to not use foundation but a little concealer- then I end up using too much of it :P

      Delete
  5. I use the Revlon photoready concealer! The formula really suits my skin I find.

    LIVE.IN.LOVE

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This concealer sounds really good!! I think concealer is one of my must haves even if I am not wearing any other makeup because I have panda-like dark circles & hyper pigmentation on my skin. My favourite at the moment is Estee Lauder double wear for blemishes and spots and I like Bobbi Brown corrector & Clinique airbrush concealer for my under eye!

    Liz
    www.lizchewy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any of those concealers before, perhaps because they are more high end! Estee Lauder do really good makeup though :) I haven't heard of a Clinique airbrush concealer either, I might have a little search on it!

      Delete
  7. Wow, $10 instead of $50. What a steal xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bargain!! I still haven't found my holy grail concealer either, it's probably one of the hardest things to find!

    à la foliee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! Concealers vary so much, it's so hard to find the right one :P

      Delete
  9. Wow, $10 is a great price especially considering the normal retail. I've been eyeing the NARS but the last time I tried to buy it, it was sold out. $35 is steep but surprisingly relatively affordable for NARS (in the sense it's comparable to US prices). I don't have much luck with concealers like you (or like you before you found this one :p) - but then again, I think the main issue is I often don't find a need for them or I don't really know how to apply them properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that $35 is expensive but in regards to the rest of their products it doesn't seem too bad! I have a feeling I don't really know how to apply them properly either, so I rarely use concealer unless I really have to :)

      Delete
  10. Great Review, and Super Good Steal !

    xoxo,
    little-chaka.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. great review...would love to try

    my recent post :http://www.indianbeautyforever.com/2013/10/karwa-chauth-festival-oct-2013-mehndi.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  12. You definitely got a good deal on those concealers. Thank you for the review, especially making note about this product's ability to last all day without creasing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy they had such a good deal on them, or else I wouldn't have tried them in the first place :)

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. And surprisingly I did fork out the $$$ for Nars Creamy concealer, haha. Sephora had a sale I couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete
  15. $10!! I'm so jealous!! I really wanted to try this out!!

    Justsoapril.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. this looks awesome! so envying you! new follower from me, follow back? http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  17. The first thing you have to do is back up your old WhatsApp data. Make sure that all your WhatsApp data is very well backed up via Google Drive. whatsapp plus new version. Make sure that you choose the most recent version of WhatsApp + yes. Save the file with the .apk extension on your smartphone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely comments, I check all of your blogs!